This post is really more for me than you. It gathers together the recipes we will work from for dinner tomorrow, minus one or two more fish dishes that our friends are bringing/making. What I think will happen is that everyone cooking can have this post up on their phones so they can see the recipes for themselves while they work. This will also (I hope) completely replace the soggy, food-stained paper recipe and to do lists I usually carry around (and, frequent, misplace) on such occasions. We’ll have 3-4 cooks and we’re cooking for 5-6 people; all of these recipes will be served family style.
Wish us luck!
The (Planned) Menu
- Make your own: Prawn Cocktail Sauce (Recipe Adaptors)
- My own Spicy Cocktail Sauce
Baccala Mantecato (Creamy Whipped Salt Cod) on Crostini
Another Fish Appetizer – TBD
Capesante al Forno (Baked Scallops)
Something with Clams – TBD
Some Kind of Fish – TBD
- Salt Cod with Tomatoes and Capers (Baccalà alla Vesuviana)
- Baccala with Tomatoes and Potatoes (Mangia Bene Pasta)
- Recipe from the recipe book in the box
Pear & Amaretto Almond Crisp
- Adapted from a recipe in a book (whose publishers don’t like being mentioned in blog posts)
The To-Do List from Now until Tomorrow
- Wash Finnegan (the dog) – DONE
- Find a pear recipe – DONE
- Find and clean platters, plates, glasses, silver – HALF-DONE
- Clean the house, do laundry, dust, etc.
- Make Pizzelles
- Get out tablecloths, napkins, etc.
- Make the Pear & Amaretto Almond Crisp
- Pick up bread and fishes, and any last-minute items
- Pick up scotch
- Set up
- Cook like crazy
- Eat, drink, and be merry!
One thought on “Feast of the Seven Fishes – The Plan”
Pingback: Feast of the Seven Fishes 2013 | Sara Makes Soup